Friday 14 September 2012

Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation: Matte or Meltdown?

Matte or Meltdown?

Product Reviews from a Budget Buyer

Pros:
Easy To Apply, Great Coverage, Blends Well, Lightweight, Matte Finish
 
Cons:
Can Cause Breakouts
 
Best Uses:
Oily Skin, Full Coverage, Normal Skin
 
Skin Tone: Fair (I have it in shade 81)
 
Accessories I Recommend:
A finishing powder to make the product stay put for longer.
Similar Products I Own:
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse - Light Beige
 
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
 
Overall I liked this product as it has good coverage, and most importantly doesn't feel heavy at all. I liked that it came with a small, dense brush for easy application. It allowed the coverage to be more even and the result was a lot better by using the brush.

I did find that this product could sometimes cause breakouts, but only if it is not removed properly and the skin is not cleaned fully after product removal. If the product is cleaned off the face properly and the face is cleansed with a toner for oily skin then no break outs are caused.

The overall price for the product (I paid £2.99 on FragranceDirect.com) was brilliant and very impressive for the amount of product. I have had this product for over two weeks using it most days and have hardly made a dent on it - this is because the product has quite a high level of pigmentation but also because a little bit goes a long way - and that's always good!

One thing I would recommend with this product is using a small amount of loose or pressed finishing powder to make the product stay still and the good coverage last even longer. Overall I was happy with this product and would definitly repurchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment